Sunday, January 5, 2020

Day 1, Activity 1: Setting Sail 


For this activity, make a list of ten food items that you could take with you. Please think carefully about what you will take as you won’t have access to a refrigerator or freezer while at sea. Please explain why you would select each item.
On your blog, post your list of 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage and the reasons why you chose these items

1. Oatmeal is a whole-grain cereal that could provide you with long-lasting energy and also lasts a long time.

2. i would take dried fruit because they gives you lots of energy for the day and also last for a very long time. 

3. I would also take some muesli bars because they last a long time and they are also give you lots of energy with is could because you would be stuck on a boat. 

4.  I would take prey cooked pasta because it can last a very long time a i would also enjoy eating it . 

5. I would also take beef jerky can be a great choice if needed high protein and also lasts for ever. 

6. I would take a hole container of cookies to take with me because they last a very long time and they also really nice and there good for a snack. 

7. I would also take some brown rice because it lasts for a long time and it is a very nutrition food.  

8. I would take some sweet potato's because they last a little bit longer then normal potatoes. 

9. I would also take some hard boiled eggs because they last a very long time and give you lots of energy for the day 

10. And for my last one i would take caned mean because it can last for about 2-5 years in many cases.


With this food and the food that i would be catching i'm sure i would have a great trip!!!



Image result for dried fruitImage result for biscuits

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elsie!

    My name is Matilda. I live in Auckland, and this summer I am working as one of the blog commenters that will be reading and commenting on your blog posts. I am really looking forward to reading everything you post for the summer learning journey, and getting to know you a bit better!

    This is such good post! I love how you have added so much detail to your list! Amazing job.

    It was a very clever idea to bring tinned meat, oatmeal, dried fruit, and jerky! You are right, they would all last a long time and give you heaps of energy! I also think that brown rice and sweet potatoes are a good idea. How would you cook these? Or would you bring them pre cooked?

    Is there any other equipment you would want to bring? I think I would like to bring binoculars. What about you?

    You have made an awesome start to the Summer Learning Journey! Keep it up!

    Matilda
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good afternoon!

    I think i would take my swimming togs and a snorkel because i love swimming and I would love to see all the beautiful fish and maybe some coral too.

    Elsie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!

      Bringing a snorkel is such a good idea! I think that I would bring one too! I would really enjoy seeing all different sorts of fish and seaweed.

      Matilda :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.